Addiction is a challenging problem. While the resources on this site hopefully help you move in the right direction, I also know some of you may appreciate a more personalized intervention plan. That’s why I am now offering a select number of one-hour consultation / treatment sessions.
Whether you are struggling with addiction, or are investigating help for a loved one or friend, I believe you will find our time together invaluable.
Who is the client?
- People struggling with addiction
- Parents or caregivers of a child/teen
- Loved ones or friends of addicts
If you have never done a consult before, let me take the mystery out of it for you. The purpose of our talking will be to:
- Review past and present symptoms, treatment experience, and complicating factors that get in the way of progress.
- Discuss individualized treatment options based on our initial assessment.
- Address barriers that may impede treatment, including access, insurance, cost, and quality of care.
- Develop a specific plan for how you should proceed after our consult.
- Provide you a written summary of our discussion and recommendations, including potential next steps for each of us.
- Address any specific questions you may have, including how best to employ a CRAFT approach if your concerns are about a loved one or friend.
Please know my intent is to get you where you want to go as quickly and efficiently as possible. Because every client’s needs are different, the amount of time we spend together will vary.
Schedule a Consult
Here are more specifics on scheduling a consult:
- Book a consult using my online scheduler. (Please book just one session at a time, unless we discuss booking multiple sessions in advance.)
- My rate is $150 per hour, paid in advance when you schedule via PayPal unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Consults can occur on the phone, over Skype, using Google Video, or another program if you prefer. I know that confidentiality and privacy are more problematic when video is involved, so my preference is phone, at least to get started.
- After our session, I will email you a receipt that you may be able to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement depending on what we cover in the consult. I don’t bill any insurance plans directly.
Please download and read my Professional Disclosure Statement which we will review during our initial session.
Things to consider
If you are still unsure whether getting a consult is right for you, here are a few more things to think about.
Session by Session
A consult is not a long-term commitment, but instead a session-by-session arrangement where you decide if and when to proceed. My goal is to exceed your expectations for every hour we spend together. I don’t offer any package programs, or try to upsell you on more sessions. I have enough work and appreciate you being in the driver’s seat when it comes to scheduling.
I have been doing this work for a long time and am grateful to have an extensive network of very talented friends who are among the best of the best in the addiction world. This includes world-class researchers, highly skilled clinicians, primary care physicians with expertise in addiction, a seasoned drug court judge, and numerous other resources that I call upon as needed. So while you may consult with me, by doing so you also gain access to my network, the A-Team of addiction experts.
Money Back Guarantee
If you are not happy with a consult session for any reason, I will refund your money. Just shoot me a quick email when we are done and I will get your money back to you no questions asked. I am not in this for the money, but to make a difference. And if I can’t do that, I don’t want your money. It’s as simple as that.